Here at Ashford Castle we welcome your four-legged friends and make sure your dog is well looked after with a range of pet friendly services. Going for walks couldn’t be more exciting – with the vast Ashford Estate to explore, hours of enjoyment can be had by all!
Please mention that your pet will be travelling with you in order for us to forward you our special “Pet Preference" form. There will be a €75 (euros) charge per dog per night. See our full pet policy for details.
We would require the sizes of the dogs in the room (small, medium or large) in order to place the correct size of beds. In the room for the duration of your stay we will provide a comfy bed, fluffy towels, food and water bowls and a treat for our V.I.P (Very Important Pet).
The following services and amenities can also be arranged for your pet with prior arrangement:
- Dog sitting and walking
- Grooming service
- Leashes and litter boxes
- A choice of different sized pet bed, cushions, duvets and floor mats
- Food and water bowl with fresh mineral water
- Turndown treat
Please contact us for a full list of prices for the following pet services offered:
- Dog sitting - available on request with 48-hours notice, payment to be made directly to sitter
- Dog walking - book 24-hours in advance
- Grooming service
- Dog and cat treats
- Dog and cat toys
We are pleased to have you and your pet as our guests at Ashford Castle. For your convenience, we have outlined a few simple guidelines that will help ensure the safety and solitude of yourself and our other guests whilst visiting our hotel.
- We would require the weight and height of your dogs, this allows us choose the correct bedding requirements. All dogs under 50 pounds in weight and under 24 inches in height are suitable for our accommodations at Ashford Castle.
- Due to potential noise disturbances to other guests, such as barking, we ask that pets not be left unattended in guest rooms. Any disturbance must be curtailed to safeguard all our guest’s rights to privacy and a peaceful stay.
- A maximum number of two dogs are allowed per room.
- Should you need assistance in securing a pet sitter or in obtaining pet supplies, please email our Reservations team firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 94 954 6003. Please allow sufficient lead-time in order for us to make the proper arrangements on your behalf.
- Regretfully, local regulations prohibit the presence of pets in any of the hotel’s dining, beverage or lounge venues.
- When outside of your guest room, pets must be on a leash with a maximum length of 6ft.
- You are responsible for cleaning up after your pet whilst on hotel property or walking on the Estate.
- Aggressive breeds are not permitted, these include: American Pit Bull Terrier, English Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Mastiff, Dobermann Pinscher, German Shepherd (Alsatian), Rhodesian Ridgeback, Rottweiler, Japanese Akita, Japanese Tosa and Bandog.
Terms and conditions:
You are responsible for any and all property damage and /or personal injuries resulting from your pet. You must further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the hotel, its owners and its operators from all liability and damage suffered as a result of your pet. The hotel reserves the right to charge your account an amount commensurate to the cost of such damage, and it will be withheld from the damage deposit amount of €1000
This amount will be posted to your hotel folio, as a pet security deposit, and refunded or credited to your account following a room inspection upon departure. We invite you to attend this inspection. Should a charge be made against this security deposit, you agree that you will not dispute the charges posted to your credit card. Please be aware that these policies are stated to protect both parties, and in no way are a reflection on our desire to host your pet. Should you have any questions, or need clarification on these policies, please do not hesitate to contact the Duty Manager.